As of Wednesday 11 March
In response to enquiries about how the club is managing the impact of the developing Coronavirus situation, the Commodore has asked me to advise members of the following:
- The Club will remain open for business as usual although this will be monitored daily with reference to government medical advice and the footfall into the club.
- House Committee and The Steward have agreed amended hours for the bar and Restaurant. Please refer to our website, social media and notices for any updates as these may be fairly fluid in the coming days and weeks.
- The office will remain open for business as usual, but should it be necessary the office staff have agreed appropriate measures to maintain office services but avoid unnecessary socialisation.
- The Boatswains staff should be able to remain operable as their socialisation is fairly limited and mainly being outside, the risk of spreading the virus is lower.
- The Bar staff are sanitising all regularly touched surfaces (counters, switches, chair backs, door handles etc) every hour on the first floor. The Office staff are undertaking likewise for the ground floor.
- Bar staff would prefer at this time, the use of cards instead of cash as cash carries more germs and the staff will be sanitising after each cash transaction, cards should be self-applied and not passed to staff to administer.
- Notices repeating the official advice on avoiding risk have been posted through the club.
- If anyone feels unwell, please stay away from attending the club.
- The Club is experiencing the removal of loo rolls from the toilets. We are being limited to lower than normal deliveries of loo roll at this time and as such notices will be posted asking members not to remove loo rolls and consider everyone else’s needs over their own.
- Please wash your hands regularly, do not be offended if others prefer to avoid contact.
- These will be guided by both official advice and footfall into the club. As this can change rapidly, we will notify as soon as we are able through the website, social media and via email.
- We have been asked to provide cleansing hand gel but cannot currently obtain sufficient supplies at this time to make it worthwhile. We are ok for stock of anti-bacterial soap and sprays at this time.