Please send applications as soon as possible on the booking form provided.
Many of the courses have limited numbers, so you are advised to check availability with the Yacht Club office.
Bookings will be acknowledged in writing.
Joining details will be sent two weeks before commencement of the course.
If you cancel, please let the Yacht Club office know as early as possible and confirm in writing the same day.
The following refunds will be made:
Cancellations made more than 30 days before the start of the course:
- Full refund less £25 or 50% of the course fee, whichever is smaller.
- No refund will be given for cancellations made less than 14 days before the start of the course.
The Club reserves the right to:
- Cancel a course, should the numbers fail to reach a viable minimum number. A transfer or full refund will be made.
- Request that a participant who does not meet the course criteria to withdraw.
- We understand that in exceptional circumstances, you may need to postpone your course. We will transfer your booking to an alternative date with the following administration charges being made; First transfer – Free. Further transfers - £30. The Club reserves the right to request that you attend on an under subscribed course thereby not taking a place that could otherwise be sold for its full value.
Many of our courses can be physically demanding and you should ensure that you have an adequate level of fitness for the activities to be undertaken. If you have a medical problem, eg. epilepsy, heart condition etc, you are strongly advised to check with both your doctor before booking. Should you suffer from any disability please disclose its nature with your application.
It is recommended that all candidates for waterborne activities should be able to swim 50 metres in light clothing. All course members must comply with safety regulations and instructions of the training staff.
Fees for all our courses are payable in full unless otherwise indicated. The course fees in this brochure/website are correct at the time of publication, but may be subject to change.
Clothing and Specialist Equipment:
The Club provides all the specialist equipment, personal equipment may be used if deemed suitable by the course leader.
Own Boat Tuition:
When the training is given on a craft supplied by the applicant the applicant remains responsible for this craft and the provision of adequate insurance. The Instructor has the right to cancel at the applicant’s cost if the craft does not meet the requirements of the training to be carried out. (Contact Training Principle for specific requirements).